We hope you will join us for some of these fun events and activities!
- Sunday, July 23, 2023: Children’s Week Kick-Off Event At Appleton Memorial Park
Join us for our kick-off party taking place during our Kids Fun Run (which will be a color run) at Memorial Park. Ages 2-12 are invited to come out and participate in the runs. Festivities start at 6:30 pm. Register here
- July 26, 2023: FREE Annual Children’s Parade
Start a new family tradition with the BFK Children’s Parade presented by ThedaCare on July 26! Kids and their families are invited to stroll through the streets of Downtown Appleton in themed costumes and non-motorized floats in a free parade all about them! Families are encouraged to brainstorm their theme together with costumes often ranging from old Halloween costumes to hand-made floats to simple group themes (like a day at the beach)! The parade will kick-off in Houdini Plaza at 6pm. After the parade, families are welcome to stay for activities, entertainment, food trucks, and an award ceremony in City Park. Registration here!
- July 27 – 28, 2023: Annual Parks & Recreation Department’s Playground Fair
- This is the BIGGEST Parks and Recreation Department special event of the year!! Our energetic Playground Leaders and local businesses/organizations sponsor two fun-filled days of carnival games, the trackless train, new and exciting inflatables, great food and entertainment. Visit the prize redemption center and cash in your tickets for fun prizes to take home with you.
- LOCATION: Pierce Park
- DATES: Thursday & Friday, July 27th and 28th from 2:00 – 8:00 pm
- SPECIAL DATES: **Friday only from 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm we will open the Fair for families with children with special needs**